Tuesday 8 September 2009: [auto link test:] Virgin Blue today announced plans to expand the airline's presence in Perth with an investment in a new 500 square metre “The Lounge” at Perth Airport, which will have seating capacity for over 120 Guests.
Virgin Blue Chief Executive, Brett Godfrey, said: “We've demonstrated that Western Australia has been a key focus for us during the past 12 months, introducing new regional, interstate and international services to WA.”
“Our executive management team visited WA late last year and met with a number of people from the public and private sectors to investigate market needs and the potential for growth. Our expansion and continued investment is a direct result of their input,” he said.
The Lounge in Perth will open in December 2009 and will be conveniently located on the ground floor of the Virgin Blue terminal, immediately through the security screening point. It will provide a range of services for both business and leisure travellers, including business facilities for those who want to continue working while they are on the move, as well as a range of options for people who want to sit back and relax by either watching HD plasma TVs, or choosing from a selection of newspapers and magazines.
The Lounge will also offer a range of complimentary food and beverages. Guests will have a choice of premium beverages and complimentary gourmet snacks. Morning, midday and evening refreshments will be available daily along with made-to-order Barista fair trade coffee, organic fair-trade tea, hot chocolate and a choice of gourmet sweet snacks. A selection of beers and self service wines will be served after 11am daily, along with premium savoury snacks.
Other benefits of membership of The Lounge include:
- Dedicated Check-In facilities within The Lounge for Guests with hand luggage only.
- Business facilities including complimentary wireless internet access and private workstations.
- Desktop computers with Microsoft Office software.
- Printing, faxing and photocopying facilities.
- Meeting room hire at competitive rates.
- Informal communal tables with data/power outlets.
- Conveniently located baby change and disabled toilet facilities.
- Flight information display screens.
- Boarding announcements made by our friendly team.
Shower facilities with everything our Guests may need to freshen up before continuing on their way.
More Airline News:
- Pacific Blue now Flying Sydney-Queenstown
- New Virgin Blue Lounge at Perth Airport
- Virgin Blue Generates Sales on Twitter
- Virgin Blue Signs Codeshare Agreement With Emirates
- Qantas A380 Antarctica Flight – New Years Eve